Judges and Prizes
A judging panel formed at ADCNSW’s discretion will judge the entries and select up to 10 Competition finalists (a smaller number of finalists may be selected) from each age division between the 17 February and 24 February 2014 ("Finalists"). Entries will be individually judged based on each child’s ability to reflect the theme in ways which:
• are creative;
• are colourful;
• are fun;
• demonstrate knowledge of Australian history.
The winner/s of each age division will be selected by a creative judging panel and announced on the 28 March 2014. The finalist entries will be judged by a creative judging panel invited by the ADCNSW. The ADCNSW in conjunction with P&O cruise will shortlist up to 10 finalists from each division.
ADCNSW, P&O Cruises and a creative judging panel consisting of Australian TV personality Kate Ritchie will decide on the overall winner and the winners in each division. Entries will be individually judged based on each child’s ability to reflect the theme in ways which:
• are creative
• are colourful
• are fun
• demonstrate knowledge of Australian history
ADCNSW will treat the child whose name appears on the Entry Form as the creator of the illustration submitted with the Entry Form. Only this person will be named as a Finalist or a winner in the Competition.
ADCNSW's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prize winners and Finalists agree to participate in any promotional activity promoting the ADCNSW, prize sponsors and/or the Competition, as may be reasonably requested by the ADCNSW.
• Overall winner: 9 Night Explore the Loyalty Islands P&O Cruise, departing on Tuesday 8 July 2014 from Sydney for 2 adults and 2 children. This prize is valued at $4,899 as per full brochure fare issued in April 2013.
• Kindergarten-Year 2: 16GB IPad 2 WIFI RRP $429.00 with $100 iTunes credit
• Year 3-Year 4: 16GB IPad 2 RRP WIFI $429.00 with $100 iTunes credit
• Year 5-Year 6: 16GB IPad 2 RRP WIFI $429.00 with $100 iTunes credit
Images will also be used to promote Australia Day through the websites, newsletters, media outlets, social media networks and other forms of marketing.